Saturday 8 August 2009

Teaching Experience

I think next time maybe I will be a teacher. lol..

I taught in my primary school for 3 days after my NS.
The headmaster called me up and asked me to help out for that 3 days cause they really got no enough teacher. So I went, that was my 1st time experience of becoming a teacher.

I actually taught home tuition during my lower 6 time, for 2 months, SPM math and add math, one to one.
That guy is one of my church member, he slacked for the whole form 4 and form 5 and during the last 2 months before SPM only start to scare and asked me for help.
I actually compact 2 years of form 4 and form 5 add math and math to teach him during that 2 months.
Some more he's not rajin, don't really do my homework.
At last he got 3B for his add math and an A (forgot 1 or 2 edi) for his math.

Indeed, SPM is really easy! I mean as in easy to score..
Form 4 and form 5 exam no matter how hard also I am able to do it, I mean simply write also can get some mark or simply tembak also easy kena.
But form 6 is totally different. Don't know means don't know. Tembak also 99% wrong.
I never feel that kind of ''helplessness'' in exam before that. And that always occur during form 6.
I never know what is a saturated mind mean till after I entered form 6.

Ok, let's get back to my teaching experience.
I was quite suffer during that 2 months, cause I didn't enjoy teaching him.
After he pula his mom ask me teach his brother, also the same species as him, I straight reject.
Till 2 weeks ago still call to my house and ask me to teach for the last 2 month for her son PMR. Before she even open her mouth I said no edi...haha!

Now, I am teaching tuition in a tuition centre.
Prepare the students for their UPSR Science.
I tell you, std 4, 5, 6 science are not easy!
Before that I thought that the job will be a piece of cake but mana tahu is much more harder than what I imagined.
Nevertheless, I enjoy teaching the students la..

The 1st hour I teach the '1st class' and the 2nd hour teach the '2nd class'.
Don't know why I feel like so unfair for the '2nd class' student, is like they are being categorized as 2nd class people, not good in their result, and don't listen to teacher, very naughty...bla bla bla
But you know, I actually have a better impression for the 2nd class students than the 1st class students, the 2nd class students listen to me when I talk nicely to them, and I can see that some of them actually respect me, and the feeling is very true, they didn't hide themselves.
Yea, 1st class student you don't need to talk to them they also will do better, but I feel that they are like lacking of something, lack of the 'true self' of them.

Anyway, I actually enjoy teaching them, the teacher say need rotan to scare them off.
Even Wei Lun also said that next time you will understand the 'important of rotan'.
But till now I also didn't see the need for me to use rotan in the class, I don't want to bring the 'scary weapon' in class.
And so far, so good.
I joke with them while teaching, and also keep asking whether they understand or not.
When they exceed the limit, I will 'talk' to them and they will automatically quiet themselves down.
I enjoy teaching them.

And I have one more student now, that's Sherlyn Wong. Haha.
I had tutor her for 3 classes edi.
And she's doing good.
While teaching her I am actually also learning and doing revision myself, a win-win condition.
And what makes her different from other students is that she likes homework..haha..
Keep asking me for more homework so that she can do it and let me to mark.
That's a good attitude. hah~

I actually planned to open a class to teach Chinese since last year since I am the president of Chinese Society+ ACS got no POL class+ this year member have a lot of banana, to be more specific, half banana. haha~
But due to several problems, it just remained as a plan.
Actually I really hope that the class can be successfully opened, but I know that now is too late edi..
If I were given 1 more year, I'll definitely make this plan into a reality.
That is if...lol...

Yea, actually till now I also don't know what I want to do next time.
Maybe I will be a teacher..if I really got nothing to do + really don't know what to do + other factor la..

But at this time, 'teacher' is not in my list..........yet.

No comments:

Free Hit Counter