Wednesday 4 May 2011

Abandonment

Does God abandon me during my difficult times?

Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you. (Psalm 9:10)

We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed (2 Corinthians 4:9)

God is always trying to get your attention. Are you aware of him?
If you are sincerely seeking Him, you are sure to find Him because God will never abandon a seeking person. In fact, your difficulties can become the means to look more intently and see God, right by your side.


Does my suffering mean that God has abandoned me?

The Lord will not abandoned His people. (1 Samuel 12:22)
In his kindness God called you to share in His eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation. (1 Peter 5:10)

Suffering does not mean God has left you. In fact, it is through suffering that you can experience God's comfort more than ever.


Does God promise to be with me at certain times but no at others?

Jesus came and told his disciples...''Be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.'' (Matthew 28:18,20)

[Jesus said] '' I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you.'' (John 14:16)
Be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, ''I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.'' (Hebrews 13:5)

God promises to be present with you, in you, and beside you in all circumstances.


Are there things I should abandon, even in these days of tolerance?

This is what God says to all humanity: ''The fear of the Lord is true wisdom; to forsake evil is real understanding.'' (Job 28:28)

Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. (Ephesians 4:31)

Persistent sin will cause you to abandon God.
Persistently obeying God will cause you to abandon much sin, which is important even in these days of tolerance.



Promise from God: I will never fail you. I will never abandon you. (Hebrews 13:5)


Touchpoints

No comments:

Free Hit Counter