Thursday 12 May 2011

Adversity

Is God listening when I cry out because of my troubles? Does He really hear, and does he care?

In my distress I cried out to the Lord; yes, I prayed to my God for help. He heard me from his sanctuary; my cry to him reached his ears. (Psalm 18:6)

Jesus said, ''Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.'' (Matthew 11:28)

God's hotline is always open. There is never a busy signal, and He is never too preoccupied with anything--even managing the universe--to listen to your every need. God has both a listening ear and a caring heart.


Will being faithful to God spare me from adversity?

(Daniel 3:16-20)

The high priest and his officials, who were Sadducees, were filled with jealousy. They arrested the apostles and put them in the public jail. (Acts 5:17-18)

The lives of believers in both the Old and New Testaments testify that being faithful to God does not eliminate adversity.
When you believe in Jesus, Satan becomes your enemy. He will try to stop you from following God by sending you all kind of adversity. Recognize that it may be a sign that you are being faithful to God

The Lord is good, a strong refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in Him. (Nahum 1:7)

In most cases, the Bible doesn't say 'if' trouble will come, but 'when' trouble comes. No one has lived his or her life without some adversity.

He will conceal me..when troubles come; He will hide me in his sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock...Hear me as I pray, O LORD. Be merciful and answer me! My heart has heard you say, '' Come and talk with me.'' And my heart responds, ''Lord, I am coming.'' (Psalm 27:5, 7-8)

Sometimes God does rescue you from adversity because of your faithfulness.


Is there any way I can avoid trouble and adversity?

When troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. (James 1:2-3)

Avoiding adversity may not be best for you. Though hard times may bruise you, they also can build you up and strengthen your faith.

The wise are cautions and avoid danger; fools plunge ahead with reckless confidence. (Proverbs 14:16)

Clothe yourself with the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. And don't let yourself think about ways to indulge your evil desires. (Romans 13:14)

The consequences of sin often bring unneeded adversity into your life. By obeying God's Word, you can avoid many kinds of adversity you might otherwise inflict on yourself.

The crooked heart will not prosper; the lying tongue tumbles into trouble. (Proverbs 17:20)

Watch your tongue and keep your mouth shut, and you will stay out of trouble. (Proverbs 21:23)

Controlling your tongue can help you avoid adversity. Many times trouble can be avoided by using words wisely.


Promise from God: God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble (Psalm 46:1)


Touchpoints

No comments:

Free Hit Counter