Monday 2 June 2008

I saw Saturn!!

Yesterday morning went to church. After church went to one of my Malay neighbor house for a wedding lunch. Yea, his daughter wedding. Married to a kayu (the bridegroom is very thin) ..haha..

After that, went to Hin Hwa High School to see experiment!
Yea, Hin Hwa is organizing a 4days 3nights science camp. I am not the participant of the camp but since my uncle is one of the Hin Hwa teacher, so he brought us there to learn something.
We went in to big room with many 'stalls' inside. Each stall is host by few Hin Hwa students. They will do and explain the experiment for you when you go to their place. It was a fun experience, I saw some experiment which I get to study ONLY in books during form 4 and form 5 (my school rarely let us to do experiment) . The room is roughly divided into 3 areas , i.e. biology, chemistry and physic. (lazy to write out the detail of the experiments)

5pm like that went back to home. But at 10pm something, when I just online for a while , I got a call from my uncle. He said: "We are looking saturn now, wanna come? But the weather is not so good, so maybe after that it will be covered with the clouds."
I don't care whether can see or not, at least I go there and see whether I am lucky or not to see the planet. So, I asked my mom fetch me to the school.
Upon reaching Hin Hwa, I saw 3-4 big(huge) telescope at the car park there. There were people using the telescope trying to locate saturn.
I got a short brief from one of the expert there concerning the telescope. He said the telescope can track any star or planet that is in its computer system. We can set the telescope to track or stop tracking. When stop tracking, we can see the moving of the star through the telescope as earth is rotating. That means we can see or feel the rotation of the earth through the telescope.

After the briefing, and wait for a while, the expert said saturn is successfully located. So I looked into the telescope, and I saw it, I saw saturn! The saturn that I saw is exactly the same as the photograph that we usully see from books. But it was small, the saturn I saw was smaller then a 10sen coin. But that is enough. It is exciting to see a planet.

Today morning 8 something went to the school again to hear a talk of a professor from Taiwan. Is concerning about the phenomena (some kind of unusual lightning phenomena above thunderstorms) that is discovered lately, i.e. from 1989. And he is the leader of the team which is doing research about the phenomena in one of the Taiwan University. The phenomenas are red sprites, sprites halo, elves, blue jet and gigantic jet. He explained in a very detail way about the phenomena as though we are his students(he is a lecturer). Haha..
To know more about these phenomenas, click here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper-atmospheric_lightning

And concerning the forum, I am doing my best to recruit member in but until now the forum is still dead. Hope my fellow friends can join the forum as an early supporter to make the forum lively. Yea I know there is some people refuse to join it cause it is boring now, but without the supporting from all of you, how can the forum be lively? I mean the forum need some people to join and post something inside FIRST then only can attract more people to join in and thus more lively right? So, please join and support the forum and enjoy in the interaction between every member of paradise-18.
So, please click on this and join~ HTTP://PARADISE-18.NICEBOARD.NET
Register, Post And Invite Friend! ^^

No comments:

Free Hit Counter