Saturday 11 October 2008

Good..? or Bad?

Today is quite a happening day for me.

First of all, today Chinese Society finally done their post transition. Guess what post I got?
I got the most unwanted post of all..The President~
I've actually told senior during the interview that I can accept any post except The President.
But, I have no choice but to accept the post cause it's the final decision of the Old board member.

I am quite satisfy with the new board member except for my post and Xin Yi and Zhi Jun post only. I think that Xin Yi and Zhi Jun are more deserved to have a higher post than some of the other people. But, can't change anything. And I 'respect' the final decision of the Old board.

I really have no idea how am I going to lead the society. What will it become after this?
I don't want to disappoint most of the people who put their trust and hope on me but I really don't know what will happen.
In front of everyone I am like very relaxing,laughing around but deep inside my heart I am actually scared, is like there are thousand pound of weight suddenly on my shoulder which I am unable to hold them.

This post is bad for me in term of stress and mind torturing.
But if I think the other way round, maybe God want me to be in this position so that I can be trained to be a better person, and also to glorify His name by showing a good example to other people. I will actually have more chance to share the gospel with all the members. And this is indeed Good.
So is it Good..? or Bad?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And today is 10/10. What so special about this date? We have prepared this whole year for today. Yea~ that's the Bible Quiz of the book of Nehemiah.
And guess wat? My group got 28/30, which is the Highest mark among all the cell groups who compete.
BUT, but, there is a but, we got the 2ND place. Why is this happened? I am quite not satisfy with this cause we are the 1st in reality, but the actual place is 2nd. But, we can do nothing about it cause of the rules~~

Here are the rules:
There is 30 questions and we must answer all, but we must take out 5 out of the 30 questions which we are not confident with the answer and put them in a 5-columned box. And the mark will be counted as over 25. This is to prevent if there are 2 groups with the same mark, then they will compare that 5 questions in the column for both the group and decide the better group. If not, the 5 questions actually are rather useless.

Ok, so we choose. And surprisingly that 5 questions that we chose are all correct. But we have 2 wrong answers in the 25 questions. While the champion groups (yea, 2 groups are champion, they have the same mark, and they also have same number of correct answers in the column, so both are champion. This also indicates that the 'rules' doesn't work much) have 1 wrong answers among the 25 questions but 3 wrong for the 5-columned questions, which means their actual marks are 26/30. While our group have 28/30 where we are supposed to be the 1st, but due to the stupid rules we got 2nd.

Haih, no matter how, nothing can be changed, just can say suan le (forget it). At least we got a place right, if i am not mistaken 30+ groups(I just can remember 300+ people were in the church only) compete among each other, and at least we made it through to the almost top place.

To be frank, I actually contribute very little to the group only. We're just like depend on 1 of the uncle only, which is very good,expert, or whatever u say it, as long as he is Geng! Haha.
My brother and I are just like his assistance who double confirm the answer with him only, or discuss together the questions that we are un-sure .

Anyhow, the purpose of bible quiz are not just to have a simple competition like this only.
The main purpose is to actually let us understand more about God's word. We study deeply in to the book and this is different from merely read through the bible only.
Quote from Rev Yeoh: If you managed to answer 5 out of the 30 questions in the paper, you are consider very good already. Cause, if you ever take this question to any of the teology students or pastor who didn't prepare, they hardly to even answer 5 questions correctly.
What he said is true. Cause the questions for this bible quiz is VERY hard. Yea, VERY. If you didn't study the book properly or deeply, you won't be able to answer even 1 question correctly. I mean with confident, not playing tembak.

Hope the words and teaching of Nehemiah can stay in my mind for a long period of time. I had gone through 2nd time of Acts, Luke and Nehemiah Bible quiz with this group. And frankly, I forgot many of the things in Acts and Luke already. Last time I was expert in both of the books, especially Acts. I can answer almost every questions that you ask from Acts(is actually from chapter 14-28 only cause I just participate for the 2nd half of the quiz only) . But now you simply ask me any question I also hardly answer. haha~

I have poor long-term memory.

That's all for today. Finally I can fully concentrate on my final exam already after this final bible exam. Haha! *I am tensed up*

No comments:

Free Hit Counter