Monday 15 June 2009

All about Lian Yi Hui

Lian Yi Hui is finally over~!
It was a pretty successful event. I am satisfy with it.

Now I think back, is like we had accomplished a mission that seemed to be impossible.
I mean the problemessss we encountered during the preparation process.
A LOT of problems arose and thank God that we managed to solve and hunt them down 1 by 1.

The 1st and the major problem is WE are NOT EXPERIENCED.
This year board members 99% do not have what we called the 'leadership quality' in them, including me. This is not a big problem, as long as we work together as a team then that's ok.
Yea, I am glad to say that most of them give their full cooperation and commitment in organizing this event despite a few of them which I don't want to mention their name here who do not work as a team with us but talk a lot of 'crap'.
Look at the mirror 1st before talk about other people mistakes.

We had our 1st meeting to elect the organizing committee for this event.
Siew Pei was being elected as the Chairlady of this event and Nying Sher was the Vice.
Kean Peng and I were not in the committee.
Yea, we are not part of the organizing committee but we are like the 'helper' or 'advisor' or whatever you want to call it for this event.
All these are not important, the most important is we work as a team, and all of us did our very best to ensure that this event to be a successful 1.

The 2nd week, we had our 1st organizing committee meeting.
Siew Pei decided the date to be on 13th of June.
That day was 13th March, which is exactly 3 months before the date.

The 1st problem after that, was the hall.
HICT wanted to charge us RM500 for the auditorium.
We went through a lot of tough time for trying to get a free hall, and at last, Siew Pei, Nying Sher, Pn Tan and me went to meet up the CEO and talked.
The next day, she called and said they will charge us RM 150 but the condition is we must have their logo in every page of our booklet.
During the process, we can't confirm the actual date of our lian yi hui with our member and they felt that we are procastinating and not doing our work. Yea, some misunderstanding happened.

Next, was the theme.
Many conflicts aroses because of this.
At last, I used my power to keep them quiet.
Yea, they were not satisfied, but I don't care.

Later, was the dance.
We thought of dance back the Tai Chi dance in the Lian Yi Hui but our teacher doesn't allow us to do that.
So, at last, we 'hired' another teacher to teach us.
Modern dance, too sexy or too modern for our own form 6 girls to dance, luckily the MGS girl had her friends and at last they got enough people for that. Some conflicts also happened between them.

Then, the sketch.
We don't have idea at all at 1st. I tried to sit down and write the script by myself but I cant get anything.
Soon Yi gave us the idea and Siew Pei and I used 2 hours to discuss the drafts of the sketch in class.
I put them in words and wrote them down 1st in my hp in Langkawi trips.
And then I sit on my computer for many hours and completed the script, with pinyin below the chinese words.

The 'Lang Hua Yi Duo Duo' was suggested by Kean Peng.
The last 2 weeks of holiday only I managed to learn and play the song with guitar.
Went Karaoke 2 times to practice that.lol...

Fashion Show was suggested by Kean Peng and all was planned by him.

The Guess Song competiton was suggested by May Hwi.
Really Thanks to Suresh and Darren for willing to help us in this.

And the singer, contacted and invited by May Hwi.
But later Siew Pei and I met up with them during the Victoria Lian Yi Hui and ask them to change their perfoming style cause they had been to few lian yi hui before and some people were bored of their performance d..

Sovenier to schools and senior was done by Wai Yee.
The booklet was by Lun Yen as the leader and we actually took two 5 hours meeting during the holiday to complete them with the help of lower 6 people despite the booklet team do in their0 house also.

Chinese Yoyo wanted to charge us RM100-RM200 for the performace.
At last, the coach decide to charge us RM 80 after Nying Sher talked to him.

One of our biggest problem is MONEY.
Only few people go and find.
I even asked my dad to find for me.
5 of us(sp,ns,kp,kw and me) went to find 2 weeks before the exam.
Some of the ACS students sponsor us.
ZHi Jun also found some.
That's all. So many people in the Society but just few of us find for sponsorship only..lol

The complaint from senior.
I was quite angry of that.
They are rather 38.
Listen to diff story from diff people and then complaint.
We have so many problem to settle edi they still want to kacau us.
If I were them, I wouldn't care about it anymore.

And another big problem was The Conflicts between the leaders (us) and the members, which I mentioned above.
The members were not satisfy with us.
And a lot of misunderstanding happened.
And the information is not passed down well enough.
It was a 2 way commnnication problem.
The problem is crucial cause if we cant work as a team, then we can't get any further.
So, we conducted a very serious meeting with the leaders only and I shoot them in the meeting and ask them to shoot back us.
After we said all of our problem out and make eveything clear, we became better in working together.
This is the biggest lesson that I learnt as a leader.

Next, was the lower 6. We need to lower 6 students to help us and we need to attract them to join Chinese Society.
The 1st lower 6 meeting was bad, very bad, gave a very bad impression to all the lower 6 students to Chinese Society.
Thank God that we had a 2nd chance, and we managed to get a lot of very potential member.
Since then, they were very cooperative and work with us untill Lian Yi Hui.

And the problem of PA. Also one of the very big problem.
We need headset mic but we can't get it, it was very expensive to rent it.
Without the headset mic, the event will be very not nice.
I thought we can't get it d, almost give up.
Again, thank God that the day we went to Hin Hwa to borrow our tradition dance cloth, I saw some people coming out from the school with their PA gadget.
There were a science camp in the school and it was just ended, they are keeping their stuff.
1stly, I just observe them, there's a thought in me that tell me to ask them about the headset mic but I ignore it cause I assumed the result will be the same--expensive.
But the sound becoming louder and louder in my mind and at last I went up to the uncle and ask him.
To my surprise, it was not that expensive~!
I managed to get 2 headset mic and 2 walkie talkie there. I felt so relieved.
And both the mic and walkied talkie really helped a lot during the lian yi hui, without one of them, the event will be worst.

Later it was the recording problem. Thank God that Keik Wee mananged to get a recorder from his friend the night before the lian yi hui.

Rehearsal problem. HICT wanted to charge us another RM150 for rehearsal in their auditorium if we want to use their PA system.
They are sucks man~! So, we used radio to do our final rehearsal
Yea, we only get to use the PA system on the day of lian yi hui. If we can rehease using the PA system before the lian yi hui, I guarantee that our lian yi hui will be much more better .

Also, the video..
Thanks to Sherlyn once again for that.
We(or rather she) used 1 week + of our holiday to make it.
During the making of the video, we encountred many problems too, but at last all are solved.

And there were many many more trouble that we face during the 3 months of our preparation for the lian yi hui, which I forgot or I am unable to write them down here.
Even the problems that I wrote above are just the 'surface of the problem' only, which I just touch and go, if I wanted to give the details of every single problems, then I can write a book about it d...

Let's talk about the day of lian yi hui.....
5 am I woke up. Quite panic, don't know what to do, worry I might left out something or what, try very hard to think, but cant think of anything. (Yea, after that only I realized that actually there were nothing already, all are actually done, that's why I cant think of anything..lol)

Then I went to fetch Kam Ho. The whole car full of things.
Around 6.45 reached HICT. Took out all the stuff and then park my car inside Klang Parade.
Came down met Shu Gi with her sleepy face, haha~

Moved everything up to HICT. Start busying.
I also forgot what I busy already, just keep run here run there...
Till 9am, still not enough people, was very worry.
We started around 9.20am, the hall was quite full. Thank God.

I controlled the starting event and I made a big mistakes.
Damn stupid....Yea, the audience didnt realized it but still I feel bad of making that mistake
Later when I perform, Siew Pei took over and control the event.

Everything keep running and I was also running up and down, in and out......(nothing much to elaborate)
And at last, the lian yi hui is over, senior gave good comment and some of the friends also said that it was not bad.
Glad to hear that.

And for me, overally, I give a 'B' for this event.
I am satisfy with it.

Thank God , Thanks to every member, Thanks to all the sponsorship and also Thanks to some of the non-Chinese Society member but helped us which are Sherlyn, Keik Wee, Linda, Suresh and Darren. (hope I didnt left out anyone)
Also thanks to Alwin, althought he say he is not a member, but for me he is half member ba..haha

I think that's all.
What's next for Chinese Society???

p/s: I write this for future me to read. You all don't need to read or even to understand of what I am writing. And I know my english for this post is rather broken, ignore them. ><

No comments:

Free Hit Counter