Sunday 14 December 2008

Trinity

Christian believe in ONE God,
We believe that there is only ONE God in this world and He is almighty and omnipotent.
Our God are Holy Father, Holy Son and Holy Spirit.
Some of you may wonder, you claimed that there is only One God, but why suddenly there are 3? Which 1 is the real God? 3 or 1?
My answer will be ONE, but they are 'Three in One'!
We believe in God of Trinity.

In actual, this is a very complex concept which Human can't fully understand.
Always remember that God is unlimited but Human are limited.
There are many thing that human are unable to understand, to uncover, or even to identify.
Human are just Tiny!
Imagine that we are worst than a dust compared to the Universe which we don't even know how 'big' is it.
And we are as tiny as an ant (or maybe tiny-ier) in comparative with the tiny planet that we are living in, the Earth.
Remember, all these are created by God.
His wisdom is indescribable.

Although we can't fully understand the concept of Trinity, but we can 'know' about it.
There are analogy to make it more understandable:

Analogy #1
Still remember the superstring theory that I posted not long ago?
We are living in '3+1' dimension, which consist of length, width, height + time.
We ignore time in this analogy.
You can clearly see in here that, the space that we are living now consist of 3 'elements', without one of it then we can't called it as a space (or rather a volume).
Length+width+height = Space.
Space=Length+width+height.
3=1.
1=3.
And The God of Trinity is also the same.
This is the best analogy to describe the concept of Trinity. (as far as I know)

Analogy #2
Water is the most common and important compound in this world.
Life can't never exist without water.
All of us know that water exist in 3 form : Solid, Liquid and Gas.
No matter which form is it, it is still Water, which has the chemical formula of H2O.
Water=Solid or Liquid or Gas
Solid or Liquid or Gas=Water.
3 in 1.
1 in 3.

Analogy #3
My name is Lee Zheng Yii.
I am the Son of my Parents.
I am the Brother of My siblings.
I am the Friend of My Friends.
I am the Cousin of My Cousins.
I am the Student of My Teachers.
I will be the Boyfriend of my future Girlfriend.
I will be the Husband of my future Wife.
I will be the Father of my Children.
I will be the Grandfather of my Grandchildren...etc...etc.....
This is the same for God.
God is Holy Father.
God is Holy Son.
God is Holy Spirit.

The concept of Trinity is shown in the bible in some of the verse, the most significant is this:
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." (Matthew 28:19-20)
Actually, the God of Trinity is already shown in the 1st Chapter of the 1st book of Bible (Genesis):
Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
(Genesis 1:26)
Note the words 'US' and 'OUR' in the verse. It is in plural form, which also means that God are Holy Father, Holy Son and Holy Spirit.
Again I want to emphasis on this Precious Verse:
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
The Holy Son is Jesus Christ.
He was sent down to the world to die for us on the cross, to cleanse our sin, so that we will have eternal life. The only condition for this is to believe in Him, by faith.

The Believes of Christianity is Summarized in The Apostles' Creed.
I believe in God the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth;
And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord:
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried;
the third day he rose from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting.
Amen.
Jesus Loves You!

1 comment:

Adam Pastor said...

Greetings ZhengYii

On the subject of the Trinity,
I recommend this video:
The Human Jesus

Take a couple of hours to watch it; and prayerfully it will aid you to reconsider "The Trinity"

Yours In Messiah
Adam Pastor

Free Hit Counter